Monday 11 September 2017

Summer's End

 Here i am with a little bit of a catch up post today.......first i want to show you these lovely fabrics...
 ..............this is the rockpool collection by the talented jodie carleton of ric rac.......
 ............jodie kindly sent them to me  and i absolutely love sewing with them........
 ..............the fresh clean coastal colours are a real delight to work with and i love all the seaside motifs and textures captured in the prints...........it is a theme dear to my heart and i look forward to using up every scrap of this line in lots of makes......
 .............below is a work in progress on my sewing table right now......the rockpool collection is available now from ella blue fabrics...........
 ...........we had some happy times this summer, both exploring the english countryside and enjoying days at the coast too...........i love being beside the sea.....regular readers of mine probably already know that :)......
 ..............and now summer is at an end and the wind is blustering around out house, the leaves are falling and the air is chilly..........
 ............i have finished this little crochet blanket at last and it will be very useful now too.....
 .............granny squares joined together with the join as you go method and surrounded by a border of granny stripes...........lots of pinks and greens and some bright red for contrast.......most of the yarn is stylecraft special dk............
 ............i took the picture below this morning when i started to work in my studio and lit the fire.....molly came in and took up her favourite place in front of it and we had a cosy morning together ..........
 ...............below is a picture of one of our weekend walks......a rather wistful autumn view.....i know many people find autumn a sad time....one of endings..........but i like to think of it as one of new beginnings and fresh starts............cosy times and homely days............
..............thank you so much for visiting me here dear readers and for all your lovely comments.......wishing you a happy cheerful autumn (and to my friends on the other side of the world enjoy your beautiful springtime!)............more crafty things to come next week.........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

25 comments:

Jacky H said...

What a lovely catch up to the summer your photos are. Autumn is certainly on the way. Can't wait to see what comes next

Jennifer Hays said...

Hi Helen, I'm catching up with your recent posts today. It looks like autumn has set in where you are! I can't wait for it to come here too. I love your little granny blanket, the colors are beautiful! It looks like the perfect lapghan for the colder weather. Hope all is well with you.

Jayne Honnold said...

Yours is such a pleasant blog to vsit. I marvel at all your pretty projects as well as your colorful props. �� I collect pitchers, and just love the ones you include in many of your photos!

KC'sCourt! said...

Its cold and wet and very windy outside where I live, then I see these beautiful colours of summer. Love the crochet blanket certainly need that where were are today too.

Julie xxxxxxx

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Well as your know I don't like the end of summer, it seems to have come to an abrupt end this year too!
Lots to love here today though....that fabric is gorgeous especially the gull prints, beautiful crochet and of course the very gorgeous Molly.
Wishing you a happy new week Helen with, fingers crossed, some sunshine,
V x

Brenda Pruitt said...

Beautiful fabrics, beautiful crocheted blanket and lovely place to walk!
Brenda

Little Quiltsong said...

What a cosy little fireplace. Molly knows exactly where the best spot is :)! As much, as I love the summer rains and sunshine - I love when the weather turns colder and it is pumpkin and squash time, and for the big show our maple trees put on in the Fall. It is just sad, that winter follows - and is such a looooong season here :)! Oh well, as long as I can stay cosy in my sewing room - it will be happy times! Loved all your summery - and fallish pics! Molly is such a cutie!

Jan Edge said...

Thank you for adding me to your blog. Absolutely beautiful, I love ❤️ the pin cushion and the peaceful, cosy sewing room. I'm going to go back and enjoy your previous posts now!! xx

Anonymous said...

Love the fabric designs, just lovely. Your blanket is pretty but Molly well of course she is so adorable :)


Erika

chapman1531 said...

Your images bring me such joy! Bless you 💕

Mickie said...

Helen,
Beautiful seaside colors throughout this end of summer post. Love the rockpool fabrics and of course your sweet makes using them. I especially love the granny square blanket and the cute picture of the colorful beach huts. I am sorry to see summer end, but the autumn season is a favorite of mine as long it is not too short. Not a great fan of winter, but it is a wonderful time to catch up on quilting and other crafting while the garden beds are put to rest.
Thank you for sharing. Happy quilting!!
Mickie, Indiana USA

Cindy said...

That fabric looks like it was made just with you in mind! I also love being by the ocean and i can think of some cute things to make with those fabrics. We are having cool temps here too and I am getting out my fall decor and neatening up the gardens. Have a great week!

sew said...

What a sensible girl Molly is! Love your fabrics (a seaside fanatic myself) and your crochet colours - it's just the join as you go method that eludes me for some reason! A blustery day indeed - I almost turned into Mary Poppins walking over the Old Dee Bridge with my umbrella!

Cream Linen said...

I love the colours in your new blanket, they are so soft and candy like. I also like the picture of the beach huts and the one from your studio with the fire on and Molly at the front.
I wish you lots of lovely autumnal moments and creative crafts , as always!!
Love,
Tina xxx

cristina said...

Hi, Helen! I loooooove your granny squares blanket and all your photos .... love your blog and love your flowers ..... a big hug from Catalonia!

Jane said...

Such a gorgeous way to end summer Helen...I also love your last photo. Sending some last sunshine to you from Rhodes! xxx

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Helen,
You blog warms the heart no matter how chilly the weather.

Carole Williamson said...

Such a lovely pretty blog post as always Helen I never tire of reading them. It lifts my spirits whenever I read them. Thank you so much for the effort you put into the lovely posts. Take care.

Love from Carole from Rossendale xxxx

A Joyful Cottage said...

We've had such a long hot, hot and dry summer that I'm more than ready for autumn. I look forward to making soup, wooly sweaters and cozy nights in front of the fire. Molly is so sweet sitting in front of yours. She must be a wonderful companion. And I love those quilts on the chair! Your granny square blanket is so pretty. It makes me want to buy some yarn and do some crocheting. Something I haven't done for years. I love to see what you're working on, Helen. Always a treat. xo

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your posts are always so charming...lovely colors and creativity. Your blanket is so pretty and your pup is a heart stealer!

Unknown said...

Hello Helen , I'm very to have found you . You're inspirational and love your selection of colors and the way you compose everything together.
Moly is so cute in front of the fire place. Your room is lovely and cozy . Oh, yes looking forward to start sewing soon and knitting .
Happy crafting 🍂🍂🍁

Teresa Kasner said...

Hello my friend.. I love seeing the new things you've been making.. as a sailor and sea lover I can certainly appreciate the motifs in the designs.. and the colors of them too. Congrats on your fabulous blanket finish! It's a blue ribbon winner for sure! Our season is changing here too. I love autumn, it's winter that I'm not fond of. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Elderberry-Rob said...

Hello Helen, I love your red and whites, the cupboard has had a very good makeover and fits right in with your other pieces. The Australian magazine looks interesting.

Sam I Am...... said...

Autumn is my favorite season and then Winter. It is still so hot here it's hard to think fall though. Your little Molly is so cute. Those fabrics were custom made for you! Your blanket is so pretty....one can never tire of granny squares.

GailD said...

I have just found your blog and it's so lovely, thank you for all the beautiful pictures and inspiring projects. It's good to know that other people have lots of projects on the go too! X